This collection is a smaller version of our full Ancient Collection.
The Ancient Collection Mini features coins from three different cultures that flourished during antiquity. The collection includes:
- A Roman bronze nummi from the Constantinian dynasty, featuring the portrait of Constantine the Great or one of his sons (c. 306 to 363 CE)
- A bronze coin from the culturally Greek kingdom of Elymais, which existed near present day Iran during the Hellenistic period (c. 147 BCE to 224 CE)
- A Chinese wu zhu from the Han dynasty (141 to 87 BCE)
Though lacking in precious metal content, these low denomination coins are especially interesting from a historical point of view because they were actually used in everyday transactions. As the currency of the common people, these coins were used to pay for a wide variety of goods and services, as well as taxes. They provide a glimpse into the everyday lives of people in ancient times and can tell us about the economy, trade, and social norms of the period.
This collection comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, and each of the coins has been professionally cleaned and conserved.
Your order will include:
- One coin from each of the civilizations above
- Acrylic display case
- Cloth pouch to prevent scratches
- Three detail cards, with relevant information about your unique coins
- Certificate of Authenticity
History Hoard relics are guaranteed authentic and have a 100% money back policy. Read more about the History Hoard Promise.